My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I Love AH But...

It works so differently from my previous hospital!!!

The facilities and equipments are different. The protocols are different.

I feel like an idiot today as I look at the disposable dressing set. This is the 1st time I actually fumbled!!!

Back in my previous hospital, they use a full metal, autoclavible set. I was already so used to it that all of a suddenly, I find myself not able to use the plastic disposible sets!!! I fumbled right in front of my peers and the EN!!! ARGH!!! This is so embarrassing!!! To think I always get praises in the past for my dressing, this time round I was like an total IDIOT!

There are other protocols that are different too... too depress* to even talk about how I screwed up in other areas...

I really love the culture in AH. I felt the staff and sisters here are so much nicer, so much caring and heartwarming towards the patients and to us the students. I can see the patients are happy with their stay.

Patients who are dying are well taken care of by palliative nurses who ensure that they don't suffer the tortures of treatments that are no longer going to help them much (such as giving them IV or doing some invasive procedures) and also educate the staff about the process of dying and to understand such patients. This is something lacking in the previous hospital, where I see terminally ill patients still having to go through normal treatment and the staff don't really understand them. (Some even classify them as difficult patients to the time they die.)

Haiz... I really wish I had come to this hospital earlier and I will not feel so alien. Even my lecturer said AH has a better culture then the previous hospital I am attached to.