My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Monday, November 28, 2005

It's Being a Long Weekend (with a new environment)

Here's what happened for the past 3 days.

Saturday
Served in my COPE ministry. We were handing out flyers door to door to create awareness of dengue fever among the elderly. Since I am a nurse, talking about the SIGNS ans SYMPTOMS to the elderly is a breeze... Hahaha.

After COPE, I went to help up at Irene's costume shop. I finished up with the walking stick I was working on and the result was pretty good! It really look like a stick made of a piece of ebony wood except for the fact that the wire skeleton made it a bit wobbly. Hahaha.

I also created the template for the spears to be use in the Alice in Wonderland set. The spears are meant for the poker card soldiers of the Queen of Hearts. The costumes were made for a preschooler stage play so the cute spears are only a metre long, with a fat spear head for those little child actors. Hahaha.

Later met up with Cinthia at Bugis and shopped around a little. We waited for Briony to join us before having dinner. Just as I promised, I treated them to Indonesian food. We went to House of Sundanese and ate Tahu Telor, Sayur Lodeh, Ayam Goreng Sunda, Sedap Ikan Seabass Bakar, Cumi Cumi Bakar. Not bad Hehehe. However, I personally feels Sanur Restarant is better, it's pricier but classier. Hahaha. I should treat them to Sanur next time round. Maybe during 14 Feb next year?

Later on, we actually went to Irene's shop and help her to rush her props. We tried to finish up with the Alice in Wonderland set. Cinthia and I helped with the card soldiers set and Briony helped with the sewing. So sad that Cinthia had to leave early because she had things on the next day. Briony and I stay till 1.30am!!!

Before Briony and I left, Irene gave us $50 as a token of appreciation!!! THANKS IRENE!!!
Therefore, if you are reading this Cinthia, you just have to return me $10. keep the rest of the money and please don't return me the cab fare. That's my token of appreciation for you!!! And in case you thought you didn't help out much, I wanna say every effort you put in helped us to achieve all these!!!






THANKS BRIONY AND CINTHIA!!!

Sunday
Went for service. Rev. Phil was preaching about make space for God to enter. He was using the illustration of how Jesus stepped into the boat of Peter and gave them a miraculous catch of fishes and remind us that we are all called to be "FISHERS OF MEN." AMEN!

After service, I finally saw Benecia again! She was queuing up for the next service and I happen to see her on the way up the stairs. She also recognise me. Hahaha.

Later Hong Yun and I went to Jurong Point. Really nothing much to do... I was so tired due to lack of sleep, yet, I just don't wanna go home so early... anyway, this is a photo I took at Jurong Point. (You can see how brain dead I am.)

Doraemon!!! That happen to be my 1st manga. I always love Doraemon! I used to fantasize about owning all those those gadgets he brought over from the future. I do know of a close friend who really love Doraemon too. Hahaha.
Let me say this though, DON'T ever give me any Doraemon decorations or plush toys! Especially not for Christmas!!! I love the manga but I am a guy and I DON'T aprreciate such stuff.

Later at home, I called Jing Ying, my fellow guitar student and talked on the phone. Talked from 9plus to 11plus. I really love talking don't I? Hahaha.

Monday
This is the 1st time I am atttached to AH for my attachment. It's quite a cultural shock as this small hospital run things quite differently from the previous hospital I am attached to.

I will not go into the details, it just simply make me feel a bit alien in this new environemnt. However, despite the facilities being old, this hospital really take care of their patients real well!!! For the 1st time, I see every patient in my cubicle so happy!

In the previous hospital, the patients are always complaining about this staff nurses that staff nurses and about everything. But in AH, every patient seems to be quite satisfied with things, some even seems to be happy!

For once, I was reminded that the reason I joined nursing is not because "the hospital had the state of the art facilities" or "just another diploma to further my studies". The reason is really the compassion for people and the desire to comfort the ones who are sick.

Yes, nurses and sister have high expectations not just for the student but also for themselves. To me, seeing how much the hospital dedicate to the comort of the patients, it is enough for me to enjoy my attachment there. Sister is very nice actually. Hahaha.

The system may be old, things need to be renewed, but I don't see that as the reason to regret bonding to this hospital. In fact, I see it as an opportunity to suggest improvements! Aren't we Christians suppose to be a light to the world? Yup! So instead of complaining that the hospital lack this and that, the beds are all manual wind, the nurses are strict etc etc, the most important thing is still the human factor that AH delivers.

I do have one regret though, I wished I could have being attached to AH earlier so that I am more familiar with the hospital. Oh wells... better late than never. :)