My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Wanderlust 6

Definition of "Wanderlust": a strong longing for or an impulse to move around without a fixed course.

I am so terribly tired as I wake up this morning. As usual, no matter how tired I am, I will still get up at 830am lastest and I would not be able to sleep anymore.

I felt kinda daze in the morning and dun really feel like doing anything. I am thinking that today is my "Sabbath" and I shall so nothing. In the end, staring blankly at my computer made me decided to blog. Hahaha.

Wanderlust... As I was sitting in front of my computer, I saw myself in my imagination what I have always wanna do. I saw myself backpacking and travel to many different places.

I saw myself wearing a hat to block the midday sun. I was carrying a big bagpack and wearing a sturdy pair of boots. Sometimes I wore shorts, sometimes I wore a long pants. I was wearing sunglasses and holding on to a long wooden staff.

I figure I would be using that wooden staff as a walking-aid when I travel for long distance on foot. And perhaps also for self-defence.

I saw myself walking down beautiful streets, and also the crowded cities and even slums. No matter where I go, I am always walking, taking my time, mixing with the people and appreciating their culture and their colours. Perhaps, I would stop by orphanages and hospitals of third world countries to give a little helping hand or comfort as I travel.

So what I really need now is LOTS of money to do that. Hahaha. Thou I will travel by foot most of the time (I really love walking), the airfares and accomodation still need to be paid. PLUS! How could you really appreciates the culture if you have no money to enjoy their food! Hahaha.

The Chinese has a saying, that "Food is the pinnacle of culture." (Ming Yi Shi Wei Zhong).

And not forgetting, a real good digital camera. I would rather carry memory cards around then a bunch of bulky film rolls. :)

Lastly, a good travelling companion. I don't mind travelling alone but it would be more fun to travel with someone. "Two is better than one". :)

***

I woke up early yesterday, was really tired. COPE meeting early because we are bringing the elderly to visit all the food maunfacturing factories for Chinese New Year shopping.

We visited Bengawan Solo, Ken Ken Seafood, Kong Guang Dumplings and Fragrance BBQ Pork factories. The elderly and the COPERs really enjoyed themselves. I even bought Bar Kua (BBQ pork) and treated my CG members during service. Hahaha.

Here's some photos taken.


Irene also brought Kean along!!! This is a photo of Kean with Coper, Nam Yan. Kean's grown so much. Hehehe. The baby boy still remembers me thou. When I carry him and play with him once again, he was very familiar with me and laughed. Hahaha. I missed him so much. :)

The elderly enjoyed the shopping trip a lot. They sure bought a lot of stuff.

The Copers will not allow themeselves to lose out too. This is Kelly, queueing up to get her goodies. Things are really cheap at the factories. Hahaha.

A candid snapshot of Nam Yan as she tried out the pineapple tarts at Bengawan Solo. Look at her shocked expression! Hahaha.

Irene (not Ho) helping an elderly. At the end of the day, it was the passion to serve the elderly that brought every Copers into this wonderful ministry.

***

After ministry, I gotta rush home as I was helping Irene to carry a lot of things. I stepped home for only 30mins and I am out again to go for service at Expo.

I was really exhausted but still, it has become a good habit too really wanna seek the presence of God, go to church no matter how tired I am.

Praise and worship was good as usual, except that I was sitting by the side where the stairs is, so there's a lot of movement and it was pretty distracting. Then I was quite annoyed with a particular female usher who seems very panicky, she ran around, up and down and keep knocking into me. Haiz.

My headache wasn't helping much. I popped 2 panadols during service but it didn't seems to get better.

By the way, I also mangaed to complete the bible reading for the year 2005. Just when I though that I will buy and read the NLT version for the year 2006, the gift for the bible reading completion happened to be a NLT BIBLE! Praise the LORD! Hahaha. There was a choice between a Metal Bible or a Dual-Tone Bible. I picked the Dual-Tone as it would be more user-friendly to flip throught the pages. Both bible cost around $30++. What a gift. Hehehe.

Anyway, pastor Kong preached a really great message about the POWER OF CONFESSION.

To summarize the whole sermon,
There is power in the words we spoke. If we always speak negatively, then we will reap negative results. If we confess of positive things, then we can expect to achieve positive results. So, gotta think and speak more positively about myself and my situation because "all things happened for the good of those who love God." Amen!

Later, my CG decided not to go visit the RIVER ANG BAO since it was getting late. A blessing in disguise. Hehehe. I was still having a headache and the problem is, I will still go anyway to fellowship even if my headache don't go away. Hahaha. My wanderlust nature.

We decided to settle for dinner at Bedok instead. As we were boarding the MRT at Expo, something happened.

We were getting into the train and just when the train was moving off, Sharlyne suddenly screamed and we all turned to look. To our "horrors", we saw Xue Ting alone outside the train!!! We were like "HO NO!" but we started laughing. So bad hor.

What happened according to Ji Ji was that, she was talking to Xue Ting then the door suddenly closed. I was thinking, of all place to talk, they have to stand BETWEEN THE DOOR to talk. It was so funny that I kept calling Ji Ji a "Xian Hai Wang" ( master of sabotage) that night. Hahaha.

Hopefully I can get a real good rest one of these days. Hahaha. I will be going to Marine Parade in the evening for my COPE appreciation dinner.

Still wanna say God loves me and GOD IS GOOD. :)