My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wanderlust 3

Defintion of "Wanderlust": A strong desire to travel to different places.

Wandered around in school alone today. Went up and down and finally decided to go to the computer lab at the 5th floor. Hahaha. Quite a nice place compared to the s**ty e-learing lab assigned to the nursing students on the 3rd floor. The computers here are much faster and there is always bound to have vacancies.

Lately, I kinda realised that I am setting up to fulfil the resolution I made at the end of last year, which is to score at least as As for every module for this semester. There was a dip in my results last semester and that really disappoint me.

I realised that it is because I had being entertaining my classmates and talking to them during lecture instead of listening to the lecture last semester. Once in a while, I will even skip lecture just because I am tired or I feel the lecture is going to be boring or if my friends decided not to attend the lecture. It is no one's fault that I didn't do as well as I wanted to.

Gotta repent cuz all these really don't glorify God...

Results for last semester were 2 Distinction, 3 B+, 1 B and 1 C+. It was shocking to see a C+ and no As at all! Ok, it is still good overall but it was really quite a big dip compare to previous semester. Gotta work harder and be more diligent from now onwards.

I no longer try to skip any lecture since the beginning of this semester. I don't even try to chat with any of my classmates during lectures. I focused on what the lecturers had to say and filled my lecture notes with a lot of extra informations. I can write a lot even in lectures that seems boring. Praise God that I no longer feel tempted to skip lectures with my friends.

Some of my friend commented that lecture is not important because we can get all those information in our textbooks. I realised by now that those people who buy the most textbooks and doesn't focus during lectures happened to be one of the lowest scoring students.

I agreed textbooks are important but attending those "boring" lectures and listening to the lecturers still prove to be more effective than trying to read the textbooks on our own. Sometimes, we have a Chinese slang that goes, "du si shu, du tao si" (translated as, reading dead book, read till you die. Paraphased, "reading books alone will ruin oneself.")

Yup Yup. So all in all, GOD IS GOOD. :)