My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Gotta RELAX!!!

As I was saying in the previous post, I am so dead tired. Hahaha.

I actually wanted to blog last night but was just too tired. Didn't even went to check my mail, which by now should be flooding with the research articles my group members sent me. Argh!!! Hahaha.

Yesterday woke up with a headache and felt like I am falling sick with a cold. Was tempted not to go to school but I went anyway. School starts at 8am and ends 3pm. I almost wanted to skip the last 5 hours, which were all lectures and breaks but I didn't. Hahaha.

Felt very sleepy and almost doze off a few times but ended up flooding my lecture notes with all the extra info the lecturer gave. I think that was a miracle. Hahaha. The Lord is my strength. God is Good. Hahaha.

A lot really happened in class since lst week. The major thing was the seperation of people into 5 subgroups for one module, 6 subgroups for another module and 2 big subgroups for yet another module.

Everyone just wanna be with someone they think they can work with and kinda refused to work with the ones everyone dun like. In the end, some group have too many people, some group doesn't have enough and no one willing to make any internal adjustments. They question why must it be their group to make the adjustment. Then someone who was really unhappy went around to say that it is"not allowed" for 2 ENs ro be in the same team, making it as if I was the one who said it, which I didn't. In the end, everyone starts to grunt, "Unfair, unfair!" (Sounds like some chapter taken out of the Old Testements. Hahaha.)

The majority decided that it would be fairer if I group the people according to the class list. Which means the 1st 5 people in the list make up the first team and the next 5 people make up the 2nd team and so on, thus no one can choose who to work with and it is a supposingly "fair" system.

The fact of the matter is, there is no way to please everyone. One person was really unhappy that she was grouped together with 3 China students. (My own group also have 2 China students mah.) I mean what's wrong? My previous subgroup had 2 China students, Ming Jing and Jiangfeng. Both of them are very hardworking and find very relevent information for whatever presentation we were working on. They have no problem with their English except maybe their pronuciation. However, I never think of them as weaker than the rest, I simply rehearsh a little more with them for their oral presentation and get them to do what they are better at.

Everyone have their own strength and weaknesses. In the hospital, you can never choose who you want to work with. I am exceedingly disgusted at such prejudiced attitue. Don't you know the China students actually have much better attitude in their studies and score better grades then most people?

The thing is, if anyone think his group members are the worst, then you already lost the battle even before it began. You are just on your way to fulfill your own prophecy, to score the worst among other groups in your presentation. I pity no one except the China students who have to put up with such bias attitude of such people.

Anyway later I tried to explain to her, she shouted at me in front of everyone and walk away. Later she gave me the cold shoulder.

One guy in class said it was my fault and asked me not to speak too much. I was not angry or anything, I told him I did nothing wrong and I can't possibly please everyone. I am much more confident in myself ever since hearing what Joyce Meyer said. Hahaha.

Later on, I decided to clear out everything with the whole class, explain my stand in making the decision and clarify the things people said I said but I didn't say. I make it clear that it doesn't matter if a group have more Chinese, Malays, ENs or China students.

The person who had the 3 China students in her team then walked off and shouted, "My fault lah! My fault lah!" Sign.

Other than that, most people are satisfied (but not very happy) with the arrangement. They decided it is fair enough to do things this way. The guy who earlier said I was wrong later came to me and tell me he supported my idea anyway. Hahaha.

I thank God I never lost my temper through out this whole episode. I probably will be sprouting nonsense in the past but I just smiled and make little comments to anyone. No point getting angry with people who are not willing to be teach. Now that everything is 'settled', I wouldn't be bothered at how others think. If I do not stand firm now, I will lose my self-esteem and my words to the rest of the people. Gotta rise above the pressure. Gotta RELAX! Hahaha.

You know what, Joyce Meyer said that 10% of the people you meet will never like you. So true. Hahaha.


Currently, a few of us are planning an overseas outing from Feb27 to Mar1 during our 1 week break. Just to get away from all these internal politics and study stress. Hahaha. Most likely it will be Bangkok. We are gonna fly there on budget airline and stay in hostel to cut cost. Hahaha. Looking forward to it as I have yet to visit Thailand.

I will be going out with my CG today to watch the movie, A Chinese Tall Story. I like to call this movie "Alien vs. Ape (Monkey King Sun Wukong)" for obvious reasons. Hahaha. Gotta enjoy fellowship later!!!

All in all, God is Good. :)