My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Monday, February 20, 2006

Naked I Came, Naked Shall I Return.

I was reflecting upon the service message that Pastor was preaching this weekend and I came to be reminded of something pastor said earlier.

"If the friends you always mixed around with are spiritually weaker than you, you are not going to go anywhere above where you are." (Something like that.)

As I get to know a man of God like Desmond, I really started to learn a lot from him. Conversation with him is really minimal crap, very intellect, spiritual and sometime serious. I may seems to really crap around with a lot of people, but the real me really yearns to converse at such a level and Desmond is really a gem of a friend at this point of time. Hahaha.

It is true sometimes, that I really have to be aware of who I call my best friend. Sometimes knowing a person for long doesn't necessary mean that person is my best friend. If that person if not a believer, or if that person is a new Christian, or if that person doesn't have have a good spiritual level that is of my level, then there is no way he can equip me for my future.

Not just that, even if you dun called the people you always mixed around with your best friend, the company that you mixed around with most of the time is going to shape you the most.

I know many people who dun spend a lot of time with their CG members or even their own fellow church mates. Even if they do, they spend time with those that are not so matured. Most of their time they spend with unchurched people. And the excuses I hear is always the same. "I wanna reach out to them."

Now in the first place, if you dun spend "true quality time" with your members, what makes you think if you ever bring your friends to church, they will really be integrated into your CG?

Pastor said that Friends equip you for the future.

So reflecting upon this truth, I realised that I have really found a good friend to begin off with in this CG.

You can have many friends out there. Some people can even claim they have "brothers" and many "best friends". But I know what the bible says is true. That a true friend, or a real "brother" is rare. Some people may never even find their "Jonathon" at all.

GOD IS GOOD. Hahaha.