My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Friday, December 09, 2005

Focus. Focus. Version 1.1

Let's start this post with something "light". Let me talk about my Christmas Wishlist. Hahaha. (It will also be the renewed wishlist for year 2006.)

1. An Acoustic Guitar.
Brands like Takamine, Taylor, Yamaha, Ibanez are my favourites. But if you wanna get something cheaper, a Harvest one will do (good as my practise guitar. :) ). I am more than willing to invest on my own "Favorite Guitar". Hahaha.

2. New Clothes!!!
I like the range of clothes that look rugged, cool and casual. Those with "tattoo" designs.
Brand-wise (or shop-wise), for a cheaper economic ones I would prefer Samuel & Kevin.
If you (or I) can spend more, Man Studio and Zara.
If you (or I) feels very rich, Skin and Ed Hardins. Hahaha.

3. A leather strap watch.
Have you seen the thick, black leather strap watch I always wear? That is only a cheap imitation I bought from Far East, $10 only!!! I would really appreciate if anyone (or myself) will get me a real, genuine one that is branded. Hahaha. My friend mentioned the brand Fossil or Tissot do carry such designs.

4. A new wallet?
Hmmm... My specification for a wallet... Lot's of card holders, coin compartment, Must be leather, must look COOL! Hahaha. Brand-wise... not too particular. But shop-wise, I will prefer the range found in the Wallet Shop, Seiyu and Takashimaya.

What not to get me?
Don't give me decorations, soft toys (PLEASE!!!), food, water bottles, drinking cups and mugs, photo frames... any other COMMON and USELESS and NON-CREATIVE ITEMS!
Also don't get me bags and shoes. I have a new bag already. I prefer to shop for my own shoes.

Aren't I thick-skin? Hahaha.


About my Attachment...

I got a case that was pretty serious yesterday. Right after dinner when I was nursing that case, I totally clam up and make no more jokes or fool around.

Strangely, whenever I come across such particular case, I will become a no-nonsense person. Friends who know me will know that I am pretty crappy most of the time. Always making anti-climax joke.

However, I was only smiling all the way yesterday but I was totally in no mood for casual conversation. I was extra nice to all the patients and visitors in my cubicle but I can take no joke from any of my friends or colleauges.

For example,
I need to borrow the parameter machine from my fellow student (also a good friend) to take the strict hourly parameter of this serious case. She "joked" with me saying "who was the one who said he don't need the machine for the time being" then she acted as if she will not lend it to me.
With a smile on my face, I just said, "ok" and I went off to take another machine from the linen room.
When she saw me coming back with the machine, she was pretty shocked and said, "You know I was only joking!" and I just tell her, with a smile, "I am in no mood for joke right now. Jokes aside, I have a pretty serious case under me." I don't waste time fooling around when I am serious.

However, I was extra nice to the patients and visitors like I said. I talked to them, celebrated one of the patient's birthday, make a deep impression of myself yesterday. Probably nursing that particular case is my calling.

For that case, I spend almost 2 to 3 hours straight attending to him as his condition sudddenly turned for the worse. Kept talking to him, groomed him, cut his nails, taking his very hard-to-read parameters (cuz it is so weak...) and even do Range of Movement exercises for him to try to improve his circulation. His condition only became a little better with much mechanical help.

For me, it is always a pleasure to take care of such cases. I will become very calm, focus, very detailed yet very empathetic. There will be a calm smile on my face at all times, and I will become eerily quiet... I may not even answer anyone if I am working on the case, and I will only be nice to my clients but I make it a point not to scream at or scold anyone if disturbed.

My revelation to my work, knowing when to joke, when to be serious. came from this verse,
"There is a time for every activity under the sun."
and my version?
"...a time to have fun, a time to be serious."

Oh well. Not easy to understand what I am trying to say huh?
To all my friends, please know when I am not in the mood to joke, especailly when I am in the midst of serious work. I may get pissed off even though I will still smile. :)


Now a simplier thing to understand.
I am having a pretty bad sore throat now so please pray for me. I am taking medication so I am not fasting this week. oh wells...
Something about me. In case I have yet to say how I like to be appreciated, please know that I do things according to this principle, "Do unto others what you want others to do unto to you."
To put it simply, what I do for others are what I myself will appreciate others to do to me too. I will not do anything I don't like to others. So if anyone still thinking how to please me, just think of how I always try to please you. Hahaha.
Writing this down cuz a few people seem to think I am a mystery and don't know what I like.