My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Monday, October 31, 2005

Thank You Pastor Kong.

With effect from 1 Nov 2005, Rev. Kong Hee will be named the Honorary Founder/Senior Pastor of City Harvest Church. What does it mean to be "honorary"? It means that pastor is still a board member but he will no longer be paid by the church.

Why does he do that?
Pastor felt that as the leader of the church, he need to lead by example in one of the greatest building fund we ever had, he relieved the church of having to pay him his salary for the next few years until the completion of our new church building so that every cent can go towards its funding.

When pastor anounced this to the church during the weekend, I took a deep breathe and almost cried (but i didn't because I fought back my tears). Although I don't know pastor personally, he had being the motivation behind this church that had changed and blessed me so much. I can see the sacrifices he made over the years, his teaching had taught me to experience God for myself.

The moment when he revealed the news, I was so happy, so sad, a mixtured of feelings, the thought that go through my mind, "Pastor you are so great!" "It shouldn't be you, it should be us..." So contradictory, yet, truly, I am touched by what he does.

Thank God for City Harvest Chuch. Thank God for Pastor Kong. God is good.