My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Monday, October 24, 2005

I Wanna Say Thank You...

I just feel like specifically thanking these people for being there, people who make me the person I am today. Since the day I came to know Jesus, I really thank God that He make no man an island and he sent these people to sharpen me. (Thanks to Blog to be able to put up a dedication post like this.)

In chronological order.

Thank you Samuel See! For inviting me to church when others rejected me. If not for you, I would never have known the salvation of Jesus. Thanks also for always believing that I will become a better man. I will never forget that you were the 1st person to say to me, "I believe in you." Hahaha.
You happened to be the 1st person to teach me to play the guitar too, to play G, Em, C and D. Thanks for your patient choaching.

Thank you Sng Ziqin! For following up on me back in N41. When no one really bothered with me, it was you who faithfully called up and spend hours on the phone every week listening and chatting with me. You do play a part that I did not backslide back then. Hahaha. Yes, I will always remember, you called me, "The man of revelation" because I was so hungry for the Word back then. Hahaha. In the spiritual realm, we are true brothers in Christ for we were both baptised on the same day, 17th December 2000. You are in that sense, Brother Abel to me. Hahaha. I hope to meet up with you more often after your army. Perhaps, you can get to know my new friends whom I had made recently. They are wonderful people, Briony and Cinthia.

Thank you Catherine Lee! For being the cell group leader who treated me as a friend. Even though I was so flawed back then, you still believed that I can do great things for God. You "comissioned" me to help out in CG and let me opened my eyes to see what God can do through me. Thanks for always listening to my problems and being a great mentor and friend. I will never forget that you said, "It is weird people that God likes to use." Hahaha. Yes, I admit I was pretty weird back then, if not for your belief, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Thanks also for being patient with me, forgiving me for all those silly mistakes and also the castatrophic ones that hurt you so much. I have learnt the value of forgiveness from you.

Thank you Irene Ho! As my current cell group leader for the past 2 years, you have being really patient with me. Your patience have taught me to tone down my temper and taught me to commune more effectively with people, I will remember you said to me, "There will be times when you are angry, but to be a good leader, you must never express your anger as and when you like or else you will lose the respect of the members." Thanks for all your appropriate encouragements and scoldings, thanks for believing that I am teachable and being strict with me. Thanks for the giving me the opportunities to do something for the CG and Church. I really like the role of being the CG guitarist.

Thank you Cinthia Lim (Siew Teng) :P! For being the friend whom I always hope for. Someone who can stand my craps yet also can talk about spirtual stuff with. You are a person full of joy, whose smile can truly brightens my day. Hahaha. I know there are times where you are also down of cuz, but your effort to be positive was a great attribute. I will never forget that you sms me to say, "I also thank God for a helluva friend like you!" For that was the first time I remember someone thanking me for being a friend to them. Hahaha. And yes, thank you for being the 2nd person who patiently taught me to play the guitar. If not for you, I can never played a decent piece of praise or worship. Many others had tried to teach me, but they just quickly demonstrated and started playing on their own, which I can't learn much. First knew you on 12 June 2005, during the blood donation drive at Gek Poh CC.

Thank you Briony Guntz (Oh no, I can't spell your full name!!! Sob sob... :'( )! For being the friend whom I always hope for. Someone who I feel free to talk with, who is not critical about others and always having a pleasant deposition. It is not easy to find someone who I can talk freely with and yet spiritual and Godly. You could talk about controvasial stuff and yet stay true to the Word of God. Conversations with you is never boring like with some religious Christian nor carnal like non-believers. You can strike the balance well and make any moments with you enjoyable. I will never forget the comment you said about me, "Wow! I never knew you could really talk!" Hahaha. That comment was pretty precious considering the fact that I used to be a geek who had no friends and could never know how to strike a conversation. You helped me to see the changes within me. I first knew you 3 years ago when we had combined CG meeting, but I only got to know you more when we met again during mass bible studies in the past few months. It is a tremedous blessing and honor to call you and Cinthia my friends.

Last of all, and the most important person I wanna thank, and that is GOD!!! For His mercy never fails, and He never forsake me despite my short-comings. Thank God for all these people whom He put into my life, without them and without God, I wouldn't be who I am today in Christ Jesus! Amen! God is Good!

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.