My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Thank God it's Friday Night!

Wanna say thanks to Cinthia for coaching me with my guitar. Probably never know how to play a decent praise song if not for her.

Anyway, during CG on Friday, I made one BIG mistake while playing praise. I forgot to change to a hard pentrum! By the time I realised it, I tried strumming harder but it was still too soft. I can hardly hear my own playing!!! I aruptedly stop the praise (BAD MOVE!) and change to a hard pectrum. My CGL was like "Oi!..."

Overnight prayer meeting's great!!! It's being a long time since church held an overnight prayer meeting. I was comtemplating to leave halfway cuz It had being a long tiring day for me, exams are nearing and none of my members will be staying beyond 1am. In fact, that is enough reason for anyone not to even attend prayer meeting.

Nonetheless, I believed that I could manage my time well and I already took ministry leave, I figure that I could very safely attend the prayer meeting (I can't study at night anyway :P) and seek God's face and stand in the gap to pray for my CG and church.

At least I get to see some familiar faces during prayer meeting. Was really happy to see Briony and Cinthia! Hahaha. Later after 1am, when some of the people left, Cinthia managed to get a seat for me so I wasn't alone. Got to know one of her member (or was it her ex-member?) Jacky (or is it spelled as Jackie?), who's really a witty chap to talk to. Making new friends made a great prayer meeting even better. :)

Prayed for a lot of items during prayer meeting. It started from 11pm and end at 5am, with 2 30min breaks in between. I didn't even feel tired throughout the prayer meeting! (I remembered Cinthia used to call this "talent" of mine inhuman :P). I was really throwing every ounce of energy to the praise and worship session and command every possible focus within me during prayer time. It was so refreshing, physically and spiritually after the prayer meeting. :)

There's one particular praise song that was introduced during the prayer meeting, it was so hype and I really love it! I went to check out it's lyrics and chords on Guitar4Christ and tried playing it on my guitar. It's pretty simple yet addictive!

Shine Like Stars
Jakarta Praise Community Church

Look at the world we live today
Look at the hurting everywhere
Let us see mercy and Your grace
Over flowing every place
Let us be one with You today
Let Your glory fall

(Chorus)
We will shine
Shine like the stars above
Shining in Your light
Guided by Your love
Let Your fire burn in us
Burning like a sun
As we glorify
Show Your Kingdom come
To all of the earth

Teach us to live in righteousness
Teach us to love in one accord
Guide us to live life everyday
As we worship in Your court
Let us declare Your majesty
Let Your glory fall

We will shine like the stars above
As we're burning like a sun

Later went to have breakfast with Cinthia. Learned to eat "you tiao" dipped in soy milk from her. It is really nice!!! The soy milk help to wash off the excess oil on the "you tiao", the "you tiao" absorded the hot soy milk and became soft, sweet and "soy" smooth!!!! Amazing taste and texture! Later I learnt from my mum that's the Taiwanese style of eating "you tiao". Hahaha. Got to try that again next time. :)