My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Monday, October 10, 2005

My Change in Priorities, Having Faith.

[About the previous post:] I may sound like I am depressed but I am not lah. Hahaha. Just one of my outlook in life on how people have unrealistic expectations towards others, especially their leaders. The post was an inspiration after reading one of the chapters in the Armor Bearer Series, where the author mentioned that many followers/helpers failed to see that their leaders are also imperfect human beings and instead of supporting them in times of difficulties, they criticized the leader of their short-comings.

Anyway, I came to realized that I am stepping out of my shell ever since I let go of a burden that I am not yet ready to shoulder; cell group leadership.

Back then, I was so conscious about how I "perform" in front of others; like how I would lead praise and worship etc, I tend to fumble and kept lamenting about how I could have done better.

One of the thing I had learnt (and I had learnt it the hard way), that is when you are serving God, if all you care about is how you performed in front of people, you will keep focusing on your faults and failed to focus on God.

That is how I come to lose my joy in serving God, made mistakes after mistakes. Finally, when I let go of all this, I tried to move on to something new, I tried to step out of my shell. Thou it is a little late to do so, but like Pastor Audrey said to me, "Better late than never." Hahaha.

I joined a new ministry called COPE, which you probably had realised by now if you have being reading my Blog. This amazing ministry brought back the joy of serving once again for it truly bring out my talent and passion to help people; which was also the reason why I wanted to be a nurse. I am no longer bothered with how others think I will do, for this ministry is not one that brings someone into the limelight. It is a ministry where your efforts are appreciated by only the people you serve and no one else can understand or even see the work you have done.

Just last week, my CGL asked me to play the guitar during CG meeting. I was never good at playing guitar, even now, I considered myself average. I always decline in the past to play the guitar during CG for fear that I will make mistakes during praise and worship (also the fact that I never had the thought to become a guitarist).

However, this time round, I decided to forgo fear and step into the realm of faith. I immediately agreed to it without hesitation.

Just in case you think I don't consult God or do things without thinking, let me clarify that I do! So how do I make my deciscion? Simply put, the Word of God is inside every believer. Most of the time, the answer you need to know is already in your heart. Why many believers hesitated to do things, always waiting for signs and wonders to confirm everything is because they failed to see that God don't "appear" in front of us all the time and start saying things like, "Go left", "Go right" is because He had already made many of His promises in the Bible. So instead of "listening" to God by studying the Bible, many believers act like a baby, waiting to be spoon-fed by saying that they will refuse to take action until God (or their pastors/leaders) "speaks" to them.

Of course I am not saying that prayers are not important. Pastor Kong said we live 90% by common sense and 10% by revelation. We are created in the likeness of God and thus also have the capacity to know right from wrong. Furthermore, as an intellectual being, we should be able to understand the Words written in the Bible. Most of the time, the request we made can easily be answered by God in three simple words, "Read the Bible!" No wonder so many people said God "don' t" answer their prayer. They just failed to realised that God already did!

Anyway, I made my decisions quickly base on these facts, truth and revelations.
-I do know how to play the guitar.
-God wants us to live by faith and not by fear.
-God says when there is a need, we should try to meet it.
-God mentioned that music is a very important part of worship.
-God gave me a personal revelation to do something different, to change my attitude.

I find that I am more confident in the things I do now. I think I did quite well for my 1st time playing guitar for CG. Anyway, I wasn't bothered about how my CG members will think, I was enjoying myself, singing loudly and soak in the presence of God, I couldn't care less. Hahaha.

To all the minister of God out there, enjoy your ministry! The Word of God lives in you.