My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Monday, October 17, 2005

Life is like a "Bed of Roses".

First of all, I am going to change the music you hear on my blog once in a while because my friends mentioned that the previous music too depressing. Hahaha. Anyway, I am quite a RPG game maniac in the past, so all of the music you gonna hear from now onwards are going to be midis from various RPG games I ever played. hehehe

I wanna share a revelation of a vision I always keep having. This vision 1st came to me when I first heard pastor mention that Christian life is not a bed of roses. That was already a few years back and everytime I hear this metaphor, I will always see a bed of thorny roses. (in case you never seen roses in natural setting before, it is actually a vine plant with thorns.) At first, all I can try to discern this vision is that, "looks can be decieving" but never really felt that is what God is trying to say.

Now after a few years of bible studies, I hear the metaphor once more during cell group last Friday. Finally, I could percieve the message of this thorny bed of roses.

"The bed of roses is only as comfortable as the effort you put in to remove the thorns."

Our Christian walk is really like this, God give us this "bed of roses". It is easy to recieve it but not easy to enjoy it. God gave us His righteousness as a gift but to live a life of righteousness is another thing. The "thorns" in the "bed of roses" are the trials and testings that come along with the gift, but the tool to cut away these "thorns" is really prayers and leaning on the promises of God, that is reading His Words.

Like Paster Carl said, when we faces problems and challenges in life, we look to the Word of God for his promises. At first, we have to keep carrying the promises around, got to keep confessing it and meditating on it. God is good, He always make sure His promises come to pass and when the promise come true for you, you will have more faith to believe in that promise. The more you believe, the less the Word become a burden for you and it will eventually turn around and carry you through out your life instead!

So is the Bed of Roses. The more you cut away the thorns, the more comfortable it becomes. So look beyond the "thorns", see the beautiful rose above it. :)