My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mid-Autumn Festival with COPE.



COPE stands for Community Outreach Programme for the Elderly.

On the 10th Sept 2005, Saturday, I went for my 1st duty with COPE Ministry. They were having an event on that day to bring the elderlies to the Lantern Safari at Chinese Garden. SO FUN SO FUN! Hahaha.

I invited Thia along as I think she would enjoy this exposure. She did! She was having so much fun interacting with the elderlies that I was so glad to have brought her along. Hahaha. Read about her experience in her blog. :)

The elderlies always have a lot to say, to share. If you can be open enough, you can talk to them about anything under the sun! Hahaha. I just boarded the bus and greeted, "DA JIA HAO!" and every elderly on the bus just replied "HAO!!!" Hahaha.

I really enjoyed myself during the whole trip. It is not so much of the Lantern Safari itself, (Thou I also enjoyed that and took many photos. Hehehe. Catch them in my photo album!) it is the company of these elderlies that I enjoyed the most. Hahaha.

Looking forward to my next service. :)







Be Part of the TEAM!
If you are a member of City Harvest Church and want to sign up for COPE as a ministry or if you want to sign up as a public/school volunteer, please visit the
CHCSA website to find out more.