My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Anger Unleashed!

Pretty piss off at the sloppy attitude of some of the staff nurses in the wards I am attached to.

Here's a few cases.

Case #1: Patient is a "Buddhist". The entry in the patient's interview form was "Christian". Told the Nursing Officer about the error and the staff nurse was corrected.

Case #2: According to the patient's case notes, patient was warded with very severe abdominal pain. Entry in patient assessment form by staff nurse in charge. "No pain. Pain: nil". Pointed out the error to the Nursing officer and she told off the staff nurse in charge right in front of everyone.

Case #3: Patient showed me a pill and asked if he is suppose to take it after food. As I am not sure, I went to ask a staff nurse. (This staff nurse is not the one who dispense this medcine.) She kindly told me it is for after food. She was then shocked to also noted that the pill is suppose to be dissolved in water before comsumption! I went back and ask the paitent if he knew he has to dissolve the pill. "No." He said. "Do you know what is this pill use for?" "No." He said. I go on to explain to the patient and later informed the Nursing Officer about this incident. The staff nurse who dispensed this medication got one good scolding.

None of the nurses who got "corrected" knew it was I who reported the errors.


Something you learn about me:
  1. I am not someone who can tolerate sloppiness.
  2. When I am angry, you may not know it.
  3. "Wrath" will not come from me, it will come from someone scarier. You will not know what hit you. Hehehe...