My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Creativity: Marketing old stuff requires new methods.

Just in case you think I came up with some new ideas on how to promote your stuff, nope. I am not. I just want to point out a certain frustrating marketing technique I see almost every other day.

Have you ever being approached by financial planners who tries all ways to "do a survey" with you? They set up make shift out post at MRT stations and tries to approach anyone whom they think can afford to invest in a financial plan by 1st of all saying that they just want to do a "survey".

And today, over at Jurong East MRT, I came across these people again. As this is not the 1st time I came across them, I just walk quickly past them, ignoring them, as usual. A few of them who approach me but whom I ignored actually snickered, "Zsk!" behind me. SO RUDE! It is so obvious that I don't want to be approached already and one of them just keep following me from behind and keep trying to get me interested. Here's how it goes.

Agent (from behind, pacing me): Hi, this is no hard selling or anything, I'm just doing a survey.

Me (kept walking): Sorry, I am not interested.

Agent (kept pacing behind me): Please, can I just have a minute with you? Have you done this survey before.

Me (getting annoyed, by the way, I am having some gastric problem at that time and I just want to get home quickly. I just kept walking): Yes. I have done it before and I am not interested in doing it now (again).

Agent (still refuse to give up and keep pacing me): Then how do you feel about it?

Me (I finally stop, turn my head back and stare at her, with my stomach growling): ...Irritating.

Agent (Stop with me, sounded a little shock): Huh. Er... Why?

Me: ... (decided to ignored her and walk off.)

If you think it is just me who is annoyed by such marketing techniques, then I should also tell you that ALL my friends are annoyed. If you are one of the annoyed ones, please feel free to drop a comment about your experience.