My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Facing the Challenges Ahead.

Finally finished off my last two presentations for this semester this Monday.

One of the presentation was an individual presentation on patient education. As the first person on the class list, I was once again the honored one to present first.

I wasn't sure of many things for the presentation so I did quite a lot of things in the last minutes and because I was so busy, I didn't exactly practice for it. I only know what I wanna say and do and I try to visualize what will happen during the presentation itself.

Thank God for the power of visualisation. I was really nervous during the presentation as I was the first and it was also the first time I am presenting alone. Anyway, I go ahead with what I wanna do and make my voice really strong. I made my presence known and my next move unpredictable, which kept everyone focusing their attention.

I forgot to do a couple of things that I intended to do but nonetheless, at the end of everyone's presentation, the facilitator was all praises for me for being confident (where in fact I am very nervous), well-prepared and good vocal strength. Hahaha. Praise the LORD!

The individual presentations continue today till next week until everyone have presented. Took a video of one of my classmate's presentation today. Everyone was laughing from beginning till end as he was quite... ah... crappy through out the presentation. Hope he does well for the presentation. Anyway, presenting Ying Ming!



Then it was followed by our Psychology presentation on the Psychosocial Impact of Coronary Heart Disease. I had expected other groups to have role-plays in between and I was right. The previous weeks, the other groups presented in lecture style with a role-play in between.

In order to stand out from the rest and be different, I actually made an bold attempt to make my group's whole presentation a role-play. There is no lecture at all, just role-play all the way. I appointed Jeya to take charge of narrating and the transparencies while the other five of us will act out.

In the first scene where everyone of us will have to act out a certain unhealthy lifestyle and eventually die of heart attack, we did so in a narrate(intro), act, freeze, narrate (explain), act format.

I was quite worried at first as the group does not have any prior full rehearsal. All we have were quick runs that were not finalize at the point of rehearsals and a final script that I emailed everyone a few days before the presentation. As everyone seems to be quite conservative during our group meetings, I was also worried that they may not act out to the fullest.

I was trying to make this presentation a humorous one so it is really important that everyone be very dramatic. When they do anything, they must really exaggerates everything they do, especially the part where they die.

I was the one to go first. So I made my words funny, made the class laugh. Then as I die, I really slumped to the floor and surprized everyone. I got up and went back to my group. They have a look that they are going to faint anytime. Hahaha. Anyway, they really went out they and did their best to match up to my expectation and acted like I did. The least that anyone did when they died was to have both knees on the ground. Can really hear the whole class laugh, it feels great! Hahaha.

The next part was to act out a social support group to discuss the problems that heart patients will face and how they can manage them. We invited 2 guys from the audience to join us, something totally unheard of, totally new, fresh and unexpected. They 2 guys dunno what to do which I already had that in mind so I wasn't worried. Hahaha.

Had a lot of fun during this part. Jeya controlled the transparency well so as it was really easy to follow through the message we want to bring about as we acted out.

We made jokes in between, was glad that the audience laughed. Hahaha. Made fun of the 2 guys and thank goodness they were very spontaneous and flow well. Hahaha. My group carried the right mood as they talk about different topic. Like when Ting Ting was talking about sexual issue regarding heart disease, she stumbled here and there because she was a little embarrased. It would have being bad if it was some other topic but for this particular topic, it was great! The class was laughing. Hahaha.

Well, you can see that I am quite a comedian by now. I love to make people laugh as I act or present.

Anyway, the comment by the facitlitator was excellent! He praised us for making a very good attempt to have an explanation-within-explanation-within-roleplay. He mentioned that it was well coordinated, easy to follow through and other groups could learn from us! What more can we expect? Praise the LORD. To everyone in my group, YOU'RE THE BEST! THANKS!!!

On Tuesday, Xueting asked me to meet her as Gerald will be coming to NYP to appeal for the course he wants. It was nice to see that the Cut-Off-Point (COP) for nursing in NYP this year had dropped to 21, which shows that standards have gone up. Hahaha.

Also saw some interesting offered. Diploma in Horticulture. Was joking with my friend that it can also be known as Diploma in "Farmacy", read "Pharmacy". Pun intended. Hahaha. I know it is more than just 种菜 (planting vegetables) lah. It also involve research into agricultural, plant breeding and such. Just an interesting way to look at it. :)

The rest of the day till today is studying for test test test and more TEST! Oh well. Monday had my Bio practical test. Today just had my Skills theory test. Friday will have Psychology theory paper. Next Monday will be my Skills practical test. Well, 2 down and 2 more to go. Had being managing pretty for the 2 papers. So all the best to me. Hahaha.

GOD IS GOOD. :)