My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Christians. Holy or Hole-ly?

Back to the hospital again. It's busy day in day out. Couldn't blog so often now.

So my Grandpa was discharged and my attachment has started.

What else is interesting? I realized that I am a very night person. Haha. Tend to feel real sleepy during the morning duty. However, I seems to get more and more active during the afternoon duty when evening time is approaching. Haha. Maybe I should ask for permanent night duties next time?

Nonetheless, I built a pretty good rapport with my patients and all the nurses; staff nurses, assisstant nurses and student nurses, as usual.

Seeing the mistakes that others made (actually, most of the mistakes are made by one student and she never learn) helped me to learn from them. Everyone in the ward hates her and they have reasonS to do so. She is a Chirstian since birth, fast regularly but her attitude speaks of another thing.

Another crazy girl from the previous attachment is in the same ward again. I make it a point not to go near her. She is scary (psychotic). I openly talked to everyone except her, steering clear of her whenever she pass by. Apparently she isn't popular with others too, and worst, she is also a Christian.

Sometimes I wonder, it is no wonder no one likes Christians. Not just because the Lord says we will face persecution, but sometimes it is just the consequences of our own actions and attitudes. Even my mother would used to associates all the bad attributes like agressiveness, rude, selfishness and laziness with Christians. Well, with Christians like these out there, who could blame my mum from believing so?

God looks on the inside, but man isn't God, man looks on the outside (unless you are Prof X from the X-Men). In fact, what you do reflects what is truly on the inside of you. So please don't try to talk all holy when you are showing all the lousy attitudes. It is like eating the wrong stuff and the stomach wants to force it out. It makes people want to puke.

Fasting and praying while showing lousy attitudes, it is meaningless - like chasing the wind.

Oh well, with my presence in the ward these days, what used to be in the hearts of people, everyone starts to pour it out to me. Strange, but now everyone in the ward openly shows their displeasure to the first girl I talked about. I have nothing against that. After all, our service is to our patients and the hospital. If there is poor service, it should be brought out and not kept, so that service can improve.

With the over-saturation of nurses in the current market, it will also do good to sieve out the bad ones. After all, no one wants their patient to suffer and die in the hands of some incompetent and uninterested nurses. And it also give other hopefuls out there a chance to join nursing.