My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Thursday, June 08, 2006

可喜可贺。可喜可贺。

外公住院已经是第二天了。他因为脑出血而头痛,整个人变得很累,站也站不起来。其中的原因是因为服用药物 Waffarin 的副作用。

Not going to use Chinese anymore. Ah!!! I can speak Mandarin pretty well but my "typing" of the language will take ages!

Anyway, I was saying that today is the second day my grandpa is hospitalize. He had bleeding in the brain and it is causing him to have headaches and body weakness. He slept alomost the whole day and he couldn't even master the strength to stand up.

It is partly due to the medication, Waffarin, he is taking. The side effect of this drug is the tendency to bleed. Also, he had history of stroke.

When I was about to visit him today, I just felt I really need to pray for him before I leave the house. After praying, I just sense something isn't quite right so I decided to take a cab.

While on the cab, my mum called me and told me that grandpa is going for an emergency operation within two hours time to remove the blood clot in the brain. You can't believe how anxious I was.

Nonetheless, I stayed with my grandpa and prayed with him, asking for his recovery and a few more good years to be added to him.

The surgery took nearly 4 hours but it turned out successful. PRAISE THE LORD!

Currently, he needs to be under observation for 48 hours and if everything is well, he should be able to leave the ICU to a step-down unit or the general ward.

Grandpa is certainly looking much better after the surgery. He is more alert now.

While looking at the sickly grandpa, I remembered the days when he was younger and healthier, when he could still drive and bring us out every Sunday to eat, to shop and to play.

My name, "Benjamin", which means "Favourite Son" in Hebrew befits me well. As the first grandson, I was adored by everyone in the family. I remembered that my grandpa always buy toys for me whenever we went out to shop.

Among my toys include those big LEGO sets, action figures of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joes and a full set of Star Wars Action figures! Yes! I remember Han Solo, Storm Troopers, Luke Skywalker, R2D2, CPO3 and even Darth Vader among them! Haha.

In fact, mum was telling me that all it takes was for me to stare at any toy for a little while, my grandpa would just get it for me.

Thank God that the operation is successful. May God protect my beloved grandpa.

Anyway, I also saw Ms. Gwendoline at the ward. She happened to be the facilitator there and she came over to talk to me for awhile.

Yup. I also wanna thank all of you who had prayed for my grandpa and in one way or another showed concerned for him.

I am happy now. At least the worst seems to be over. PRAISE THE LORD!