My Wants

  • An Ultra Portable Mini PC
  • New Laptop (must be better and faster than my current one of course)
  • New Leather Shoe with Pointy Front
  • Sony Ericsson Cybershot Cellphone
  • White Converse Tote Bag

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mr. and Mrs. Seet

Went to NTUC today and bought so much things! Just so I can cook curry for mum's birthday today. Haha.

This was the first time I made curry and it isn't too fantastic. It isn't so bad, really. My mum, bro and I finished the whole portion of 9 chicken wings, potatoes and carrots! I am a natural cook I guess. Haha. However, I hope I can make better curry next time.


Yesterday, my team completed one of the four presentations for this semester, on Cleft Lip and Palate. As our facilitator gave us more time to present, we came up with certain new ideas.

First of all, I introduced myself when it was my turn to present. I crap a little bit, saying that i always have to take care of both child and parents so I am like a father to them. Thus, everyone called me the Godfather. The class and the facilitator were a little lost, but only for a while, they laughed the moment my team mate played the theme music from "The Godfather". Haha.

I have this idea of getting the audience to participate in our role play. Everyone wasn't very sure about the idea at first but after explaining to them how it will work, they all think it is a great plan to get points for audience participation!

So before the role play, I will call out the class to vote one guy and one gal from the audience. They will play as parents and will be instructed by my team mate what to do, which basically just answering three questions.

The guy's family name was Seet, so I refered to them throughout the role play as Mr. and Mrs. Seet. Their awkwardness made the whole thing even more entertaining. Haha. (I am evil. :P)

There were much clappings and laughter among the audiences. Haha. There was a part where my team mate asked the "mother" if she breast feed, she forgot the answer and turned to ask the "father", "Do I breast feed?"

"You are asking me?" The "father" replied in astonishment.

This unplanned senerio made the whole class laughed. Haha.

The last part to every presentation is a conclusion. Instead of doing a "quick" and "thank goodness it is over" kind of conclusion like everyone else, I asked my team mate to present a bit longer for it.

We used a newspaper article to talk about the topic. It was summarized together with a picture from the article, a boy who had cleft lip surgery and his before operation photo. It proved to be a very good move.

The facilitator said we could have add in a few points but we manage to cover very extensively on that very short twenty minutes. (Yes! We manage to do it within 20mins!) He said we will definitely get a "A" for this presentation. Haha.

So one down and three more to go. The next one is this Friday! Busy busy! But Fun! Haha.